Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back on the wagon!

Ok, so I've been horrible with keeping up with my blog, but it seems most of us are now on Facebook and it's easier to keep in touch. I realize not all of you are, though... and I like our little family blog! A lot has happened, as you may guess with a lot of time having passed and two quickly changing little ones!

Greta- she is quite the two year old! Still very intelligent and has a sense of humor like her daddy! She loves to drink white wine (aka milk) and is very into her baby dolls and Dora. She is working on knowing the lower case letters now (all through play, I don't push her into things but let her lead me where she wants to go- really!). Every day is an adventure with her- she is trying to outgrow naps again, but she desperately needs them to be a pleasant girl so now I get a little downtime at naptime when I lay with her until she is sleeping- works for me!


Alec- he's almost one and nearly the size of his sister! I can NOT believe the changes in this year in him, he seems so big already. He loves playing with balls and blocks and cars. He is pretty coordinated and takes me by surprise a lot. I was pleased to see him as a little baby yesterday, though; he was sitting at the kid table in the playroom and seemed so tiny!! He is very active and on the go, but has the most amazing little personality. He is always smiling and if he's not, you know he's pretty miserable. He already has 9 teeth with two lower molars terrorizing him currently.


Chad is working at Cafe Ba Ba Reeba and loving it. It has been a challenge for him/us to adjust to the hours with them being open mostly for dinner, but career satisfaction is definitely a motivator to make it work :0) He is making his mark by taking charge of the bar and liquor/wine ordering and boosting gift card and frequent diner sales. He is also crosstrained at Mon Ami Gabi, so frequently helps out over there. We miss seeing him many days, but know it's all going to pay off soon.

Stacy is searching for something rewarding to help contribute to our finances! I took a job that turned out to leave me looking for what I originally saw in the company, which was terribly disappointing. I knew it the moment Chad and I went to show the kids around just before I started and should have turned and ran, but instead hoped for the best. Just before Christmas I started my job search all over again and am home with the kids in the meantime. My ideal situation would be to get my IL teaching certification and sub for the rest of the year and find a good 'burb to seek out a contracted position in the fall.

1 comment:

Party of Five said...

I didn't realize you were job searching again. Sorry it didn't work out! I hope you find something quick. And I'm glad you're back to blogging, I just checked it the other day and thought "I wish Stacy would blog something"!