Friday, February 20, 2009

Alexander Preston Huhn


Ok, so I know I'm really slow, but he's here! He arrived on President's Day, February 16 at about 1:16pm. He measured in at a hefty 9 lbs .5 oz and 21 inches long... like Grandpa Bruggeman (my dad) said- no wonder I was so uncomfortable!!

I was induced at about 8am by the doctor breaking my water. My labor progressed quickly and I was in active labor by 9 or 9:30. I got my drugs and slept the morning away. By the time I felt like he was ready to go and the nurse had me try a 'practice' push he was already ready to come out. I gave half a push and then had to NOT push and wait for the doctor to get in there. Doc basically sat down just in time to catch Alec, who was delivering himself. He was ready to go right away!!

Greta got to come in right away and was quite excited to see him! She is a very sweet big sister already. Even though she's been feeling crummy the past couple days, she's still always worried about the baby and what he's doing or where he is. She often wakes in the morning or from naps and says his name first :) Right now, it worries her immensely when he cries and therefore she cries. I'm hoping this passes soon...

I promise pictures very soon but for now I updated our 'header' picture to reflect our newest family member. Thank you for all your calls, messages, cards, gifts, warm wishes, etc for our family! We truly feel blessed and can't wait for him to meet each and every one of our friends and family!

2 comments:

Cortney said...

He is so precious! Congrats again on your new "little" addition!! You have a beautiful family.

Liam and Lauren's mom said...

He's so adorable Congrats